Rare cancers and hereditary syndromes
In January 2022, FICAN South, together with FICAN Mid, launched the national Rare Cancers Project. The project has three components:
- Treatment pathways and patient experiences
- Medical treatment and availability of medicines
- Hereditary cancer syndromes (eg BRCA, LS, Peutz-Jeghers)
The project will be done together with patients, clinicians at cancer centers, geneticists, and cancer organizations.
The duration of the project is planned to be two years, but if the goals are not reached within that time, the project will be continued.
The outputs of the project will be at least:
- National treatment recommendation for treatment processes in rare cancers
- National recommendation for inherited syndromes
- Implementation of ERN activity in practice
In addition, there will be two training days in the fall of 2023:
one for professionals and one for everyone, based in patient focused design
Anne Kairenius, Project manager
Annika Auranen, Director of FICAN Mid